BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, May 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Lester/Happy Cinco de Mayo

Today was a good day. I went to Jefferson Middle School and it was a very unique experience. I had homeroom from 7 to 7:25 am. Then students went to Block One. Block 1 lasted from 7:30 until 9:25. I taught the students Math and Science during that time. From 9:30 to 11:12 I had 2nd Block. From 11:15 to 11:38 I had to take the students to lunch. Then the same students from Block 2 came back to the classroom where we finished up Block 2, also Math and Science.

The students were pretty good. They were all good kids but some of them were loud mouths. The were friendly and asked me to sit and eat lunch with them. I felt like one of them eating my pudding out of a lunch box. I had a fruit roll-up (the kind with tongue tatoos printed on them) and when I opened it one of the girls says, "You should put the tatoos on your tongue!" So I did! haha... It was fun!

The kids in Block two left the classroom at 12:18 to go to their related arts classes, so I had planning for the entire rest of the day. I went to the office to see if they needed any coverage for the rest of the day. but they didn't. So I got to leave at 12:30. It felt really good to get paid for a whole day and be done at 12:30!!

After school Jesse and I went to Wal-Mart. Then I did some kind of "Crunch" fitness video from Netflix that you can watch instantly on your laptop. It was pretty cool. Jesse even hooked it up so the video was shown on our TV! After that (it wasnt such a great workout) I ran/walked 3 miles on the treadmill.

My sunburn hurts a little today.

After dinner Holli and Lester came down and we pulled a birthday cake out of the fridge! SURPRISE! Today was his 30th birthday! We had cake and ice cream and played monopoly until 10:30.

Now I'm really sleepy and I think its time for bed...even though I have yet to find a job for tomorrow. I was going to go to a music job at Meadowlark Elementary School tomorrow. It had special instructions and it said to call in to hear them. So, I did...and the special instructions were to report to Piney Grove Elementary School, which is all the way across the city in Kernersville. So, I declined the job.........now I'm still looking for another

No comments: