BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

looking back to 2008


Believe it or not...this is a true story.



When I was in Bible College, which was from 2001 to 2003, I remember very specifically God speaking to me about the year 2008. In one of my notebooks or prayer journals or something I joted down a note in the margin. It said "2008 is a year of CHANGE"


For some reason I always imagined that to mean that I was going to have a baby in 2008. Thats a pretty big change, right?


So I always kinda had that in the back of my head. I was always thinking, "Whats the change gonna be?"


When 2008 was half over I started really thinking about it. I remember one sunday at church the thought came back to me and God spoke to my heart and said, "It's not a big change but a year of many changes"


Looking back on 2008....


I graduated in December of 2007. Jesse and I sold our house at the end of 2007. We packed and moved to a new city...in a new state. Jesse worked for UA. I started working for Winston-Salem/Forsyth County schools. Jesse switched jobs to work for Hughes & Associates. We packed up and moved back to WV. I lost 15 pounds. I stopped biting my fingernails (little but worth mentioning.) Jesse switched jobs again to Nationwide Insurance. I started working for Putnam Co. Schools. Substitute teaching CHANGES every day. Jesse switched jobs AGAIN to work for Beneficial Finance.


I think that God wanted me to know...way back in 2002 when He first talked to me about 2008....that even all these little changes are in His plan. Its very hard to try to understand why God would want all these changes...and I don't pretend to understand why we've been through all of this....but because he spoke to me about it I know that He had his reasons...and I can live with that.


Also... as soon as I learned that Barack Obama's theme for his campaign was "CHANGE" I was slightly taken back. It was strange. I just had a little feeling like he was going to be our president.


Lately.. I've heard many news broadcasts and other things where they have decided CHANGE was the theme for 2008. This, to me, is so strange because in my mind 2008 and CHANGE have always been linked.


Here are some links to more on 2008 and CHANGE.


http://www.time.com/time/specials/2008/top10/article/0,30583,1855948_1864100,00.html





No comments: