BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 30, 2009

day 5 of my home confinement

I dont do driving in the snow. So, here I am....sitting at home. Its a good thing I like it here, huh?

Luckily I did leave the house yesterday. I went to Kroger and I went to Walmart, but that was it. The roads yesterday afternoon weren't bad at all. I still had a huge shell of ice and snow on the top of my car. I giggled like a preschooler when it slid off the top of my car and landed in the intersection. hahahaha. I still think its funny.

I really thought that we'd have school today. Mom called me early in the morning (around 5) to tell me that we were on a 2 hour delay. Ok... a 2 hour delay is ok. But then, she called me again right when I was about to get out of bed to start getting ready for school to say that school was cancelled. blah.

Well I found out yesterday that the teachers are to report now when school is cancelled. They just report 2 hours late. I know that doesn't mean substitutes because they won't pay me if students aren't there. BUT... I thought that it was a good thing since I really need to go get my stuff at the school. So, I thought I'd go over there later when the roads cleared up.

I thought WRONG... because about an hour ago a newsflash crawler came across the TV and said that Southern Putnam Co. was getting ready to get a blast of snow. Well, they weren't kidding because huge snowflakes started flying and after a few minutes we got about an inch or two of snow. Its still coming down too. It slowed a little bit now, but its still pretty steady. So, unless it stops I'll be sitting here at home again today.

I find it so hard to get motivated to do much when I'm off of work. When I work I'm up and I'm moving pretty much all day. But this week has been a sloth-fest. ICK. I'm SO sick of it. Today I'm going to find some stuff to do. I'm going to clean..... and maybe do a little crafty project..or my favorite, ORGANIZE stuff!!

No comments: