BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, January 15, 2009

whadda day.


Yesterday a girl named Sarah in one of my classes showed me that she had a fifty dollar bill. I told her to put it away before she lost it. Then we started reading Tom Sawyer.

In the very next class, we began reading, and another girl yells out, "I FOUND FIFTY DOLLARS!!" I said, "Give it to me, I know who it belongs too." Sarah is lucky that she showed it to me because I don't know what would have happened to it if I didn't know who it belonged too. It might have found its way into my purse. hahaha.

I kept waiting for Sarah to come to me, in a frantic fit, telling me she lost her money. She never did. I kept it all night last night.

The next day she never said anything either. She wouldn't have even brought it up if I didn't ask her some questions about it.

I said, "Sarah, what are you gonna get with that money?" She said, "Oh, I don't know. I'm not sure where it is. I think its at home. I had it yesterday in here and I haven't seen it since."

Well, she went to the bathroom and I told the other kids in her class about how I wanted to teach her a lesson.

When she got back, I asked the whole class, "Yesterday, did anyone in here find a white envelope with something in it?"

Justin says, "Yeah, with money in it! 50 bucks!"
Sarah says, "That was mine! Give it back!"
Justin replies, "I spent it!"
Sarah angriliy said, "Well you owe me 50 dollars!"
Justin says, "Finders Keepers, Losers Weepers!"

I broke in and said, "Who believes in Finders Keepers, Losers Weepers?"
Sarah quickly shouts out, "I think its stupid!"
So I say, "Lets have a vote. Raise your hand if you believe in Finders Keepers, Losers Weepers"
The whole class, save Sarah, raises there hands.

So I said, "Good, that means I get to keep this 50 dollars I found yesterday!" and I pulled the envelope out of my back pocket! Sarah jumped up and ran to me...gave me a big hug..and I warned her about flashing money around and bringing it to school. Hopefully she hasn't lost it again.

In my second class of the day.... a girl was fiddling with my filing cabinet. She was messing with the little lock button. If you push it in, it locks. I don't have a key. So I said, "Don't touch that!" and she says, "Why? it doesn't lock" as she pushes the button. Then she tries to open the drawers and, of course, they are locked.






This typically wouldn't be a huge ordeal...however, this happened to be the filing cabinet that my homeroom students keep their cell phones in. Fabulous.

I dug through Ms Richards drawers. I found 5 keys..none worked. Then, I found a whole key ring with over 20 keys. None of them worked!! Finally another teacher went to get the maintainance man...and he just popped the lock off. Now it won't lock,but I guess thats ok. Sheeeesh!















No comments: