BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

1st day back..and Hawaiian Muffin recipe :)

Yesterday was the first day back to school. I am thankful that I had a place to go back to! By this I mean that I'm glad I have a long term job right now. It may only be for another month. I think Ms. Richards will be back in Feb.

Yesterday was a busy day. I went to school..and I kinda had a little bit of a headache. I really hated getting out of bed at 6:15 am. blah. But the day went by quickly.

I had to make myself exercise yesterday. I did a Jillian DVD finally around 6pm. I cooked dinner... Pineapple Baked Chicken, Wild Rice, and a Salad.

I also had 2 old yucky blackish bananas that I needed to use..so I made some Hawaiian Bread Muffins. I'm bad about making up recipes and not writing them down, so I'm going to try to recall what I put in them because they are really good. I dont really measure so.. I have to guess at the amounts.

Hawaiian Muffins
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Makes 12 muffins
Bake temp. 350

Ingredients:
2 mashed ripe bananas
½ c. crushed pineapple
¼ c. walnut or macadamia pieces (opt.)
1/8 c. orange juice concentrate
¼ c. coconut, toasted (opt.)
1/3 c. canola oil
¼ c. Splenda, granulated
¼ c. dark brown sugar
1 egg
1 c. oats, quick cook
½ c. whole wheat flour
½ c. all-purpose white flour
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt

Directions:
1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, mix bananas, pineapple, walnuts, orange juice concentrate, and coconut.
3. In a small bowl, mix canola oil, splenda, brown sugar, and the egg. Combine the two mixtures in the medium bowl.
4. Add oats, both types of flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix until just moistened.
5. Pour batter into prepared muffin pan. Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool on cooling racks.

*These are healthy and they turned out really good. If you’d like them really sweet, you can use all sugar and no Splenda…or add more sugar. Also you can use all all-purpose flour instead of the whole wheat. It’s not as healthy, but it would probably taste even better.
Nutritional Content:
for each muffin (when divided into 12 muffins)
Calories 161.94 kcal
Cholesterol 17.71 mg
Fatty acids, saturated 1.41 g
Other Carbohydrates 17.5 g
Protein 2.43 g
Sodium, Na 215.43 mg
Total Fat 9.28 g
Total Fiber 1.54 g
Total Sugar 1.23 g

No comments: