BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 9, 2009

Snow day!!

On Wednesday night I was tired. I thought I would go to bed early, but I didn't make it.

About 5:30 am on Thursday morning, my cell phone rang. I answered, groggily. It was my Dad... he said, "I just got a phone call, Putnam County schools are closed today" So I went back to sleep...until around 9:45. I was so glad for those extra hours of sleep.

I wasted most of the day with sleeping, laying around, watching TV, and playing on the internet. Then I exercised, showered, and went to Walmart. We needed some milk...and I wanted to make stir-fry for dinner and we were out of brown rice.

I baked some orange drop cookies that didn't turn out very well. :( They had frosting on top and it made them gooey and too sweet.

I cooked my Chicken Stir-fry and it was SO good. I usually use those frozen bags of mixed veggies...but this time I cut up my own green peppers, onions, green onions, carrots and broccoli. I HATE frozen broccoli. They always give you the stalks!! YUCK! I also put some slivered almonds in it...fresh squeezed orange juice, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger.

I loved it so much that I can't wait to make it again. I told Jesse that I was going to cook it again next week! I brought some for my lunch at school today! :)

After dinner we went to Mike & Alyson's house. We watched the Oklahoma and Florida game there. Alyson is about ready to pop out a baby. Actually, shes scheduled for a C-section on Jan. 13th. I'm gonna have a new neice named Leah Alyson. :)

Well gotta go talk about Tom Sawyer!

No comments: