BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, January 16, 2009

snow day numero tres

Wow... Last night I was working out when my Mom called to tell me there was going to be a 2 hour delay today. All subs love 2 hour delays! You get to sleep in, work less, and get paid the same amount. Snow days, on the other hand, kinda stink. I'll admit, its always nice to have an unexpected day off. You can loaf around the house and not even feel guilty about it. But, of course, subs don't get paid on snow days. So, its mixed emotions. Jesse's emotions aren't mixed at all; he hates snow days. hahaha. Although Putnam County is making up all snow days (at least until a certain date) this year. So, I may not be making the money now, but it means I will work longer into the summer. Of course, working when its 72 degrees outside and beautiful isn't a fair trade. Oh well.


Technically I guess today isn't really a snow day at all. School was cancelled because of the terrible, bitter cold. This morning's low was -2. Yes, a little chilly for all those poor little boys and girls standing at bus stops and walking to school. Wimps. My Granddad told me he walked 2 miles to school in the freezing weather uphill both ways. hahaha...thats a true story. I remember him telling me that...and thinking, "Why in the world didn't you just walk down the hill??" hahaha.


The best part about snow days is that Kitsy loves them! She cuddles with me all morning..just purring her little fool head off. She gets up with me...follows me around everywhere. As I am typing this, sitting at the kitchen table, she is sitting on my lap, still purring away.

I took this photo with my laptop's web cam, since I couldn't exactly get up to go get my camera. Its teeny. :(


I made myself some pancakes for breakfast. They were delicious...almost completely whole wheat. My family has a weird thing we do with pancakes. While they are hot, we smear peanut butter all over them (instead of butter) and then we put maple syrup on top of that. Its delicious, but people always think its strange. If you like peanut butter, you should try it. Although I suggest using NATURAL peanut butter because regular JIF is FULL of partially hydrogenated fat.

Just a moment ago, I got a phone call from a lady at the Putnam County board office. She said that I got the job for the Community Ed. Art class teacher. They have to wait and see if they get enough students who want to take the class. Right now I'm figuring that there won't be enough students 'cause thats what happened last time. But...its worth a shot. Just in case, now I have to come up with a supply list and put some thought into what I'd have them do.

I REALLY need to go to the grocery store. But... I'm not sure if I want to brave the cold.

Tomorrow I made plans with Cassie Hite to go visit with her and have some breakfast. I'm looking forward to that.

No comments: