BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

the grocery game...

Today I slept in!!! I really miss sleeping past 6:30 am!

Then Jesse and I sat around and watched some tv on the laptop.

Jesse went over to his friend Ty's house at 2... to watch the Coal Bowl Game.

I stayed home...then went to Big Lots, Kroger, and Walmart...then back to Kroger! (cause they had some stuff for cheaper than Walmart)

I bought stuff to make a honey bun cake. I was gonna bring it to Sarah & Jay's house tomorrow (since we were getting together for Teresa's birthday) But.. I found out while the cake was baking that they are all going to go out to eat...probably to the WaffleHouse, which Teresa LOVES!

So I'm gonna bring the cake to my Mom's house and we are gonna have it for dessert there. She's makign Coq a vin tomorrow....a fancy way to say Chicken in Wine. :)

I also made some REALLY good pretzels. I'm going to share the recipe with you....

Sweet Cinnamon Pretzel Nuggets

1 lb bag of Sourdough Pretzel Nuggets (Snyder's of Hanover is what I used)
2/3 cup Canola Oil
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp. cinnamon

1. Mix oil, sugar, and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
2. Open the bag of pretzels and place in a large microwavable bowl
3. Pour sugar mixture over pretzels.
4. Microwave on High (Medium-High for higher watt microwaves. Mine is 1100 watts and I used 70% power) for 1 minute and stir. Keep microwaving for 1 minute intervals, stirring each time, until oil is absorbed.
5. Allow pretzels to come to room temperature. (try them warm!!


OMG, they are so good! Next time I may use a little more cinnamon. I think I'm going to try to come up with a recipe for Honey Mustard & Onion pretzels. I love the ones that Snyder's make..but they are expensive. Plus, its healthier to use canola oil and not use all those added chemicals like MSG that they use.


I'm going to bring them to my Mom's house too! If Jesse doesn't eat 'em all! :)

I didn't work out today.. I'm sore from yesterday!

No comments: