BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

We're Here! (& I have some BIG news)

Well Here I am in our nation's capitol, Washington DC!!

I am writing this from my hotel here....which is very nice by the way! I really like it! :)

Today Jesse and I woke up early and left our house in Hurricane around 8:30am. He drove most the way, but I drove about an hour and a half through Maryland. We drove through WV all the way up I-79 almost to Morgantown and then got on I-68.

When we got here...we checked in and then decided to see how far we could walk. We first went to the Museum of Natural History. Then we went to the Smithsonian American Art Museum which I really enjoyed!

Now I am watching the women's gymnastics on the Olympics...they aren't doin' so well. Right now I'm hoping for a silver! :)

Tomorrow we are gonna wake up and have our breakfast at the hotel...and then we are going to Arlington National Cemetery. After that I think we are gonna take the afternoon to ride around the mall and monuments and maybe take in a couple more museums...or we might go to the National Archives Building

On Thursday we are going to the Holocaust Museum...in the afternoon, I'm not sure what we'll be doing...but we have tickets to a Nationals baseball game on Thursday night.

But I guess the big news is THIS....... we have to leave early (yeah, like 5 AM early) on Friday morning because.... I have a teaching job interview on friday at 2!! YAY!!

I got called on Monday about the job at Hannan Jr/Sr High School! So pray for me and wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! an interview! Good Luck. Let me know how it goes! and let me know how the holocaust museum is. I wanted to go to that when we were there but we didnt do much.