BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

no news is good news?

So... I was SO anxious to find out if I was going to get this job at Hannan Jr/Sr. High School. The Board meeting was on Monday morning and I still hadn't heard anything on Tuesday afternoon!...and I had the day off from Cracker Barrel on Tuesday...so I got REALLY anxious.













So, I called them and asked if I had been the recommended teacher. The receptionist said that the Board meeting on Monday was cancelled and rescheduled for Thursday night. So... again I was waiting.













After I heard that... I decided I wanted to go shopping! I went toin Teays Valley and they had a lot of stuff on clearance...and I ended up buying 5 dressy shirts and a really cute charcoal grey skirt suit. My grand total was around 140 dollars. Not bad for all that.













Then I went to the Clinique counter where I spent over 70 bucks...but it was bonus time, so its ok, right? hehehehe



Then I went to Walmart....brought home a Subway sandwich...and then went for a jog. I had bought a pedometer that measures distance at Walmart and I couldn't wait to try it out. You have to set it up to match your stride length. I estimated mine....and at the end it said I ran over 5 miles. Its a pretty neat little gadget. Today, I ran with it on the treadmill to test it to make sure the distance was right...and I think I have it fixed to be almost perfect.



Today I went to work at Cracker Barrel from 10 to 4. Again, I got to leave right at 4! YAY! I had a whole, full bus tub spilled on me today....ew!! It was nasty! I smelled like cocktail sauce for the rest of the day!

When I got home.. I decided to pull up the Mason County Board of Education's webpage. They had posted an Agenda for the monday meeting (that was cancelled) and when I checked it before it said that number 18 on the agenda was to "Recommend the Board approve the employment of ___________________, _Teacher, Art 7-12. Hannan Junior Senior High School effective for the 2008-2009 School Year"

Of course, I was hoping that the _____________________ was ME!

I checked it tonight to see if they had updated the agenda and to see what time the board meeting was tomorrow. Well...

When I did that.... it was updated....and it said....

"18. Recommend the Board approve the employment of Brianne Solomon, _Teacher, Art 7-12. Hannan Junior Senior High School effective for the 2008-2009 School Year."

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I was happy and sad. First of all I realized right away that the reason I was so anxious about finding out if I had the job wasn't because I wanted the job so bad, but because (I'm a perfectionist) and I wanted to start working on all the stuff I had to do!

Second... I was upset because I'm assuming that this Brianne Solomon chick has the same amount of experience as me (since I was interviewed) Mason County had NO info. on me...no transcript, no high school grades, no resume, no recommendations...NOTHING except an application with a little bit of info. So... I guess they based this choice on the 20 minute conversation with me. (that I shortened my stupid vacation for and drove an hour to get there!!)

Oh well.. I guess I'll be subbing this year, but at least I won't be driving to the middle of nowhere and teaching remedial classes instead of Art.

As far as I am concerned Mason Co. is REALLY missing out on a good teacher. Next year, Putnam County! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry you didnt get your job. :( But who wants to go to Mason County anyway right?? and that sale at Elder Beerman was pretty good huh? I got a shirt there on Saturday.

Brianne said...

Hi. I'm sorry you didn't get the job. I am Brianne Solomon. I love my job. I don't teach remedial classes, I teach art and I teach dance. I hope that you got a job teaching and that you love it. I also hope there are no hard feelings. Don't assume we had the same experience. We were both out of county so we both got an interview. My interview lasted far longer than 20 minutes, but I had my portfolio, transcripts, resume, with me. I wish you nothing but the best.