BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Back in WV

So... Friday was a crazy busy day!!

We woke up at 5:30...packed up...got a wonderful cup of coffee and the most delicious lemon-filled doughnut EVER from the breakfast buffet....and then, we were off.

Jesse drove most the way... I drove the last 2 hours.

Then I had to get dressed and put some makeup on and head out the door again for my first teaching job interview. Jesse drove me there. We went down Johns Creek past Hannan so I could see how far it was and what the road was like. It took 25 minutes to get to Hannan...but it took 50 minutes to get to Point Pleasant!! :(

My interview took only 20 minutes.. Afterwards I could have kicked myself because I know I could have done better! Oh well! I really hope that I get the job, but they didn't tell me anything. So, I guess I'll be getting a phone call soon.

On the way back to WV on Friday I called the VP of Huntington High School back. He said, "I owe you a big apology" He said he got really excited and thought that he was going to be able to hire someone young and full of energy and he started calling people and leaving messages. But...when he got to the end of the bid sheets he saw that he had one from a Cabell Co. teacher who was under contract and had 33 years of experience!! OH WELL! I guess that ones out.

I even asked him if the other teacher had left a position open....and he said that she had been teaching something else for the past 33 years. so POO!

On friday night I made pizza and we just hung out and watched the Olympics. We both fell asleep really early on the couch.

This morning... I had breakfast...did my Self; Sculpt Sexy Legs Fast DVD....took a shower... went to the library and got a new DVD, a cookbook and a new James Patterson book. Then Brian and Jessica stopped by ..when they came in Brian made a comment (as he has at least 4 times) about 2 of my prints on the wall being crooked. It made me really upset because he was like "I've been gone for a month and you STILL haven't fixed that." So I was like, "I DO FIX THEM ALL THE TIME, BUT THEY MOVE EVERY TIME YOU HIT THE LIGHT SWITCH OR CLOSE THE OVEN DOOR HARD!!!!!" and I said, "ITS GETTING ANNOYING AND I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT AGAIN!" I was very mean...and I felt bad about it later. Sorry Brian!!..... at least he won't say anything again! hahaha..... I wish I could have said it with a little more tact. ***note to self: work on that*****

After that craziness....we went to Jaiden's 1st Birthday Party at the Valley Park. The boys played tennis...Jessica and I sat and talked. They are going to "adopt" Mike & Alyson's dog, Wilson since they don't want him anymore. I can't wait to hear how that's going.

For the past hour and a half I've been sitting, watching the Olympics and looking up recipes online. My back hurts.

No comments: