BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 2, 2008

PizZa nIgHt!!













Last night I finally got to make my Pizza!

I like it so much that I thought I'd share the recipe.


First you put a package of yeast and one tablespoon sugar in 1 cup of warm water. I use hot water straight from the tap...its supposed to be 110 degrees. (Don't put the salt in yet....Salt will kill yeast.)



Then you let it sit, covered with a towel, for about 10 minutes. It should look foamy.

While that's sitting preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.... I mixed 2 tablespoons of olive oil with 1 teaspoon of salt, cracked black pepper, yummy herbs and minced garlic. I like oregano, rosemary, basil...or just a mixture like Italian Seasoning.

You can add as much or as little herbs and garlic as you like.










Then I mix the flour into the herbed oil mixture. The recipe calls for 3 cups of flour, but I use 1 and 1/2 cup of all purpose flour, 1 and 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour, and 1/4 cup of wheat germ.

Then, after the 10 minutes, I mix the yeast water into the flour/oil mixture. Only mix as much as you have to...if you over mix it can make your crust really tough. Then cover the dough mixture with a towel and let it sit for another 10 minutes. (the best place for it to sit is in a warm, dark, moist place....like in a microwave that you just boiled some water in!)






It smells really good!

Next...you need to oil up your pizza pan. I don't have a pizza pan so I use a cookie sheet and it works fine.



I also spread some wheat germ on the pan... kinda like the pizza places spread corn meal on the pan....but I have to admit I couldn't even tell.


When the dough has rested for 10 minutes you just throw some flour out on the counter and roll the dough out some to fit your pan. Then just press it out onto the pan, maybe rub a little more olive oil on top, poke a few holes in the dough with a fork, (more holes will make it more thin & crispy), and then put it in the preheated oven.





You just want to bake the crust for about 5 to 10 minutes... just keep checking it. You should be able to tell when its done. Try not to overcook it because you still have to put the toppings on!



After this comes the fun part!!



Top with all your favorite toppings (and guess what, at home they don't cost extra!) and don't forget the cheese!


Then bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly!








































No comments: