BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I've never walked so much in my life!!








Today we had a nice little buffet breakfast at our hotel....








Then we were off to find a Metro station that we heard was in a local hotel's basement.....um, it proved slightly tricky, but we finally found it! :)








We boarded the Metro and we were off. It was pretty neat. I think we need subways in WV! :)








We rode to Arlington National Cemetery and walked a ton around there. We saw Kennedy's tomb and watched the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.








Jesse is amazed at how many people at the places we have been are foreigners. Its true. I bet 85% of people I overhear are speaking a language other than English.







After touring the Cemetery we decided to walk across the bridge..over the Potomac River...to the Lincoln Memorial. Jesse liked the huge marble statue of Honest Abe. I tried to get him to take a photo in front of him, but he said that he didn't want me to take a picture unless he could sit on his lap!







After that we walked around the mall, spied the Washington Monument (its huge), and the WWII Memorial. Then we walked down Constitution to the National Archives Building. Thats where the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights are kept. We had to stand in line a while, but not too long.






Then we went to my favorite place so far...........the National Gallery of Art. I actually took a few photos, even though I was lookin' pretty rough.






The best thing I saw was a Rene Magritte painting...and a bunch of Alexander Calder's sculptures....oh, and some of Matisse's paper cuttings. I never realized how BIG they were!!!









Then we walked back to our hotel...and now Jesse is taking a nap. This day wore us both out!!






Tonight we were talking about going to Union Station...which is like a mall, I guess.




No comments: