Saturday, July 5, 2008

rain wind and fire

I will say that I had a memorable fourth of July!

At first Jesse and I just hung around the house because it was really dreary and rainy outside. My parents visited us for the first time at our new place...but just for a few minutes.

Then Brian called and wanted us to come to their house in Winfield for a little cookout. We had burgers, fries, and chicken.

After we hung out with them for awhile we came over to our house...and then we went over to Teresa's (Jesse's Mom) apartment and met up with pretty much all of Jesse's family. Then we walked over to the Wave Pool Park for the fireworks. They started at 9:45 pm...and the rain started at 9:50 pm. In those first five minutes I had some great feelings of patriotism. Its amazing to me that Americans have been celebrating with fireworks for over 200 years!

Anyway...right after that thought we had to scramble to our feet and hold a thick, fleece blanket over our head. When the fireworks were done we had to walk all the way back through flooded ditches. I was really glad that I wore my white flip-flops. (sarcasm) WE WERE SOAKED!!

After the fireworks and the traffic died down we came back to our house with Brian and Jessica. They spent the night with us. We stayed up late playing a board game that I bought at the Goodwill in Winston, called "Battle of the Sexes." It was pretty fun. I guess it was worth the 3 bucks I paid for it...even though the boys won.

Today was a lazy, hang around the house day. I made whole wheat pancakes for breakfast. They were not very good. I need a better recipe.

After that I went for a jog outside. It was a good run today. My knees didn't hurt. Since my knees have been hurting lately I decided it was time to FINALLY get some new running shoes. I bought them at They should be delivered here on Monday!! I'm very excited. Here's a link to them. I liked the ones with the green swoosh on the side, but they didn't have them in my size. So I got the pink ones.

After the run I painted one of the canvases I bought for Jesse. I really hated the way it turned out. Blah..I gotta think of somehow else to do it so it will work.

For dinner tonight I made a whole wheat crust pizza (As you can probably tell I am experimenting with the whole wheat flour I bought for the first time the other day) The dough turned out pretty good. This was the first time I've ever attempted to make my own pizza dough at all. It was actually very least with this recipe. Next...whole wheat banana bread! YUM!!

No comments: