BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 29, 2009

wow...where to begin?

I'm not sure what to even say about school so far. I can say that I love my 3rd block class, which is Art II. I have about 18 kids in there.

On Tuesday, our prep day, I got my class lists and they said that I had 29 and 31 students in my 2 Art I classes. Crowded, but not that bad. On the first day of school, however, I got my code to log onto Edline. I pulled up my class lists on there...and it said that I had 36 in both of those classes. Yes, 36!!!!!!

How is that even possible? I don't have near enough room for 36. My room would be cozy with about 26. So, I ran down to the office to tell the administration. They promised me that it would be fixed. 3 days later, though, I still have 36 kids. Hopefully, by Monday or Tuesday they will get some of those guys outta there for me.

I have had to pull in chairs from the science office and from Mrs. Johnson's room to have enough places for everyone to sit. Its been a nightmare. Kids don't even have a place to write, let alone work on some art.

Needless to say, those seating charts I spent my time on went in the trash. I have rearranged my room three time in three days just trying to make it work a teensy bit better.


And, of course, my lesson plans have totally changed, too. Now I'm just trying to come up with stuff for that many students to do in that small of a space. Its difficult because I cannot have them up and moving around. I cannot have them getting materials out. I don't really want to waste the materials that I have on kids that will be removed from the class.

So, I think starting Monday they will be doing some lovely book work. They'll love that. Maybe that'll get some of 'em to drop.

ok... I'm going to get on with my busy saturday now. Off to Wal-Mart!

No comments: