BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, August 20, 2009

I love (getting paid for) art!

Summer is over. But...today was a good day! I had a CE training at the Huntington Museum of Art this morning. Mrs. Cole and I carpooled. When we got there, they had a little table with tons of fresh fruit (FRESH pineapple, strawberries, grapes, blueberries, etc) hot teas, coffee, pecan tarts, water bottles, fruit juices...I mean, it was really really nice. I had already eaten oatmeal, but trust me, that didn't stop me from eating my weight in grapes and drinking a bottle of 100% cranberry juice. YUM!

Then we had a presentation on a new critique type strategy called Visual Thinking Strategy or VTS for short. It was really interesting and I think I will use it in my classroom. Then we went to an art studio and made some paper! It was fun. I had never done papermaking before and it was actually really easy and fun. I mixed purple glitter and purple string into mine. :)

Lunch was good, but I ate way too much. They ordered us a lunch from Heavenly Ham. I had a zesty roast beef, which was good...but the ciabatta bread that it was on was HUGE! It had a delicious horseradish mayo on it that provided the ZESTY. ;) I also had a diet coke, tropical fruit cup, a cookie, and a mint. It all came in a cute little box. If you want a catered lunch, Heavenly Ham is top notch.

After lunch we headed back to the studios and made some clay bowls on a potter's wheel! It was hard, but fun. I've never used a wheel before, so it was interesting to say the least. My first attempt turned out really really well. It must have been beginners luck because the 2nd try was a disaster!

At the end the museum gave us some free gifts. I got a NICE tin of 12 prismacolor pencils, a large kit of Sargent chalk pastels, and some natural sun print paper.

On the way home, Susie and I stoppped at the Goodwill in Milton. She is looking for something to use as a lecturn. I looked around and saw a fitness step. My videos use those sometimes, but I don't have one, so sometimes I have to improvize. NOT ANY MOOOOORE! I got it for 3 bucks! I've looked at them in the store for around $40. Pretty good deal! I didn't take this photo, but it looks just like this. After some research on the internet, I found out that its a Jane Fonda Fitness Quest Stepper w/3 Risers. :)

I'm going to go read now. Tomorrow I have a boring day of CE ahead of me.

No comments: