BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I <3 my Job

I'm at school right now.  My students are taking a test today.  I hope they do well on it!!
 
I'm still at my long-term sub job thankfully!  I'm loving it now more than ever.  I found out the other day that I will be here at least until March.  Everyone seems to think that I'll be here till May. 
 
The last snow day that we had I got a phone call at home from Mrs. Nutter.  She's the secretary here.  She said she talked to the people in the payroll dept. at the board office and they said that I should be receiving long-term pay and should have been receiving it all along!!   I read up about long-term subs in the Putnam Co. policy manual (which I should have done a long time ago!!)  and it basically says that principals have the right to put a sub of their choice in for an absence when the absence is supposed to be 90 days or less as long as they attempt to get someone certified in the area first.  Well the absence I was put in for was only supposed to be for a couple of months....and they attempted to call about 70 people before they got me.  I just got SUPER lucky!... I mean, BLESSED!  Thank you Jesus!!
 
I didn't think the pay rate was that different for day to day versus long-term subs...but I thought wrong!  Its 50 dollars a day different!  Plus I get holiday pay and I get paid for other days when day-to-day subs don't work!!   Like yesterday was presidents day, but teachers had to work for training, faculty senate and for a parent-teacher conference.  A day-to-day sub doesn't get to work on those days...but me, I worked all day yesterday in my classroom...with no students!...and still got paid for it!! Yippee!!!
 
Jesse and I spent a lot of time together this weekend.  On Friday night we bought Subway subs and watched Nights in Rodanthe which we got in the mail from Netflix.  The book was about 400X better than that movie.  I think it was too hard to get the whole book into a 90 minute movie.  Anyway...on Saturday Jesse and I watched another movie...I worked out and went to Wal-Mart.  Then on Saturday evening we went to the Barboursville Mall.... I bought 2 sweaters, 2 t-shirts, and a pair of dress pants. Jesse got a new lavender dress shirt and tie.  I guess he let me buy all that because of my raise! hehehe...
 
 
 

No comments: