BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 1, 2008

halloween party w/ 6th graders pooped me out

Well, my first week of teaching in the same place went very well! I really like the kids. The teachers are ok. The days just seem to fly by!





I had to plan a Halloween party on Friday afternoon with my homeroom. I don't really do Halloween, but.... it was really just a stuff-your-face party. Only one kid spilled his Mountain Dew so I thought it was a success. They had rootbeer, Dr. Pepper, Mountain Dew, candy, chocolate & white cupcakes, chips, dip, and 2 kinds of Doritos. I even let myself eat a cupcake and some chips and dip.





Last night I did Level 3 of my Jillian video,which I hadn't done in a while. After that (and a shower of course) Jesse and I watched Fools Gold. It was pretty good..unbelievable, but cute.




Today Jesse and I went to Walmart early. We double teamed it and got outta there in about 30 minutes! I wish he'd go with me all the time!



When we got home I tried a new recipe for lunch. It was pretty darn good.... I used tilapia to make fish tacos with a spicy chipotle lime sauce. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was delicious! I used this recipe from allrecipes.com but I changed it a little. Jesse hates cilantro so I didn't use that..and I used lettuce instead of cabbage. Also I cooked the fish in a saute pan with the marinade. I've got a ton of the sauce left though, so.....you know what that means. I'll have to make it again soon! :)
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Grilled-Fish-Tacos-with-Chipotle-Lime-Dressing/Detail.aspx

Just a little bit ago, I went for a short jog around Hurricane...only about 4 miles today. I think I'm going to make a pumpkin dessert tonight, maybe do a little crafty-stuff and just relax.


No comments: