BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

still lovin' my summer!



The last few days have been very relaxing...I'm really enjoying my free summer! I can't wait until next year when I can still get a paycheck while doing this! (btw, teachers don't get paid during the summers, they can just opt to receive smaller paychecks during the school year so they can still get paid during the summer)




On Monday, Mom and I went to the Prime Outlets in Jeffersonville, OH.



It was the first time that I've been there and it was really really nice. I bought 2 cookie sheets (from the Corningware store), a pair of brown shorts & a pair of white capris (from J. Crew). We ate at Chipotle for dinner...hehe...which is Jesse's FAVORITE! He was going to come with us, but he backed out at the last minute (because he's not really into shopping for 9 hours straight) But, I called him and told him that I was eating at Chipotle...and I think he was mad that he didn't come!!


Yesterday I needed a day of rest....which I did...mostly, except that Netflix sent me a new Jillian Michael's workout DVD. Its called Boost Metabolism Burn Fat , or something like that. It was T.O.U.G.H. I seriously had to stop 3 times, hit pause, and just get my breath. Once I even walked to the bathroom, because I thought I might toss up my breakfast!


I did the same DVD today...but made it through the whole thing without hitting pause once! Jesse and I (attempted) to play tennis. Really I just try to serve and try to hit some balls back. I'm terrible at tennis. Seriously, I've never seen anyone worse....but, it did make us laugh a lot!!


After that, we took a long walk around some neighborhoods in Teays Valley. The weather was REALLY nice today.


I even laid out in the sun on the back deck and read a little today. I tried to lay out yesterday, but as soon as I did....the clouds came out!!


I've been reading a new author...and I like it so far! Its called An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. Its about a kinda dorky-ish high school student and former-child prodigy named Colin Singleton. At the beginning of the book, he has just been dumped by his nineteenth girlfriend named Katherine. Yeah, that's right. He's dated 19 girls named Katherine. If you read this book, you'll come to find out that Colin's prodigy causes him to obsess over languages. He can anagram anything in seconds. Wikipedia defines an anagram as...
"...a type of word play, the result of rearranging the letters of a word or phrase to produce a new word or phrase, using all the original letters exactly once; e.g., orchestra = carthorse, Eleven plus two = Twelve plus one, A decimal point = I'm a dot in place."
This is a story about how Colin desperately tries to continue to matter after his child-prodigy status is gone...and how he attempts to explain and get over his Katherine habit. Did I mention that it is HILARIOUS?

No comments: