BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, July 26, 2009

i got no 'cuse!!

No excuse, that is, for not blogging! AHHH! I don't know whats wrong with me lately, but blogging has NOT been a priority in my life. I haven't blogged since we were in Massanutten. I know you all are severely depressed without being able to read my rantings...so I'm gonna try to do better over the next few weeks.

I've got all the time in the world and I can't seem to find the time to write a little blog. I have been reading a lot still (more to come on that topic later)

I'm not sure what will happen with the blog when school starts. It may be that I'll be able to keep it up better because I'll be in a classroom with a computer during the day...or, I may be really really busy and not be able to find the time to devote to typing a few paragraphs a day.

In August I'll be starting work as an Art teacher at Winfield High School! I'm so excited to have this job! I love my summer, but I'm actually looking forward to it! :) I'm blessed. In August I am also going to start taking graduate classes at Marshall. ick. I'm NOT looking forward to that. But.... its being paid for by a scholarship so I can't really complain. :) again...blessed.

So, the blog may be taking a hiatus during the time that I'm in school, I'm not sure. We'll just have to wait and see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lately I've been working on getting some school stuff ready. I'd like to have a lot of stuff ready so I'm not as busy during the school year. I've been making some Power Point Presentations lately and working on my rules, procedures, etc.



I've also spent some time reading (of course). While at Massanutten I finished The Shack by William Paul Young. It was for sure interesting. It will make you think differently about God. I wouldn't recommend anyone to read it that wasn't secure in their beliefs about a Christian God. It could cause someone who doesn't know a lot about theology to be a little confused...but if you are a strong Christian, I recommend you read it....and don't stop reading when it gets a little weird (and trust me, it does). I loved it personally. It makes a lot of sense and it helped me understand the idea of "the trinity" better. Also, it makes you realize how amazing and wonderful God really is. It also emphasizes having a real relationship with God.



After The Shack I read the third book of the Uglies trilogy by Scott Westerfeld. Its called Specials and was very good, but that comes as no shock after reading and loving the first 2, right?! After this book there is another related book called Extras. I'm sure I'll be reading that one soon! I just checked out another of his book from the library (this one, not in the Uglies trilogy) Its called Peeps. It'll probably be my next book...maybe. I have a few good ones lined up!


Right now I'm reading another John Green novel (actually, its his first novel) called Looking for Alaska. I am really liking it right now because its funny and interesting....
Here is some info. about the book that I stole from the author's website, http://www.sparksflyup.com/ (which I <3,>
Miles Halter is fascinated by famous last words--and tired of his safe life at
home. He leaves for boarding school to seek what the dying poet Francois
Rabelais called the "Great Perhaps." Much awaits Miles at Culver Creek,
including Alaska Young. Clever, funny, screwed-up, and dead sexy, Alaska will
pull Miles into her labyrinth and catapult him into the Great Perhaps.
Looking for Alaska brilliantly chronicles the indelible impact
one life can have on another. A stunning debut, it marks John Green's arrival as
an important new voice in contemporary fiction.

No comments: