BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

yikes!!

I know I haven't blogged in a long time, but I'm sure I will start back to blogging soon.  Grad school will be over and done with after the first week of May.... then school will be out  after the 2nd week in June.  Then I will be a free woman! Yippee!!
 
Yesterday at school my Photography class watched "Rivers and Tides" which is a documentary about the artist, Andy Goldsworthy.  If you've never heard of him, you should google his name and look at some of his art.  Its amazing.  He does nature sculptures and then photos them.  Anyway, today I took my 11 students outside to create our own nature sculptures and then photograph them.  It was fun and today was a beautiful day! 
 
I got in on the art and started making a huge swirl out of a hige pile of cut grass....  It was probably 12 to 15 feet long and about 1 foot tall.  I was almost finished and ready to photo....when I looked down at my hand.  My. Engagement. Ring. Was. Gone.  I commenced to freak out.
 
I yelled, "CATASTROPHE!!"  All of my students came over and helped me dig through the grass to find it.  It took about 5 minutes but I was so releaved when I heard a girl say, "I found it!"

I yelled out "Thank JESUS!"  and gave her a hug!  It was a great moment.  It reminded me of going to the beach with Brian and Jessica when he lost his wedding ring while passing a football with Jesse.   Brian had to go buy a metal detector in order to find his ring.  I was seriously contemplating doing that...at least for those frantic 5 minutes.
 
I was done with my sculpture after that....and I didn't even get to photo it.  :(
 
 

 

No comments: