BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Back to Work

I'm back to the daily grind of school. Summer is gone already!! It's so hard to believe. So far it looks like I will have a pretty good semester though. I'm just happy that they are smaller than the ones I started with last year!! I had 37 students in each of my classes to begin last year. This time the largest is 30. My students seem pretty good, too. I'm not going to make any promises because students tend to behave like angels for a short period of time....but turn to you-know-whats before long.

I danced a little jig on Monday when I thought that I was going to get my classroom for my planning period. I had to share it all last year and, being an art teacher, sometimes I need to cut paper and set materials up for the day. But, (you knew it was coming) yesterday I got a message that I was going to share my room on Tuesdays and Thursdays for a college class. No big deal, I thought. Only 2 days a week. That's not bad! This morning I was standing in the hallway talking to Mrs. Cole and Mrs. Anderson, when a young guy in a shirt & tie waltzed right into my classroom like he owned the place. He said he was teaching college English in there on Mondays and Wednesdays!! AHHHH! I'm not even going to think about Fridays now because as soon as I do...they'll be someone who needs the room then too!! :( I am a little bummed about this right now. I'll never get my hopes up again.

I'll be posting some new house pics soon. Gotta get back to planning.

No comments: