BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

at school

Right now I'm at school. I'm sitting in the Art office trying to get myself prepared (instructionally & mentally) and ready to face the day. I'm liking my 2nd block a lot, even though its my biggest class. I LOVE my Art II class, which is right after lunch....but 4th block is tough. Today I'm going to be mean. They aren't bad...there are just a few who are trying to push my boundaries and today is the day that I'm going to set them straight.

Last night I stayed up far too late reading The Time Traveler's Wife. I'm getting down to the end and its making me nervous....its one of those books where you kinda know whats going to happen (or at least you think you do) and it adds a lot of suspense because you don't want it to happen. Its been a really strange but really good book.

Yesterday was the first day that the Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games trilogy book came out. Its called Catching Fire. I was going to buy it because I couldn't wait....but I reserved it at the library and I'm number 1 on the list!! So, I'm happy about that. I should get it pretty sooN! YAY! My library fine for The Time Traveler's Wife is up to about a dollar now. All in all, a bargain! Plus, I feel like I'm donating to the library. ;) I should finish it up tonight.

Today my students are beginning their first real art assignment. They are going to create a work of art using LINE (the first element of art) that is inspired by the Op-Art movement. We are going to talk about the expressive qualities of line and how a simple line can show emotions. Sound interesting? I hope it keeps them involved for a few days at least.

More about that later....gotta go!

No comments: