BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thirteen Reasons Why.... CHECK

Yesterday Jesse and I went back to Mom and Dad's again. On the way there, around 12:30, we stopped at the library and picked up a new book, Thirteen Reasons Why.


It. Was. So. Good.




I say WAS because, yes....I already finished it! I finished it around 1 am last night. It took me less than 12 hours to read 288 pages. I didn't read for 12 hours straight, of course....because I still worked out, cooked dinner, and watched 2 hours of So You Think You Can Dance.

The link above will take you to the website if you want to learn more about it. Here is a synopsis....

"Clay Jensen returns home from school to find a mysterious box with his name on it lying on his porch. Inside he discovers several cassette tapes recorded by Hannah Baker--his classmate and crush--who committed suicide two weeks earlier. On tape, Hannah explains that there are thirteen reasons why she decided to end her life. Clay is one of them. If he listens, he'll find out how he made the list.

Through Hannah and Clay's dual narratives, debut author
Jay Asher weaves an intricate and heartrending story of confusion and desperation that will deeply affect teen readers."




No comments: