BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

time is ticking away

This weekend went by quickly, as always.  It was a rainy Saturday...but I didn't mind.  It was nice just to sit around the house and enjoy the day.  I did do a bit of housework...and I also worked on a sewing project.  I'm in the middle of making a beach bag out of 2 vinyl tablecloths that I bought at Walmart for $2.50 each.  Its taking a while to sew it, but I'm enjoying it ...and it seems like its getting easier for me.

I've decided that I'm going to rent a bunch of different workout DVDs from Netflix in the next few weeks.  If I like them, I'm going to copy them! :)  On Saturday I got my first one.  ( Well tehnically, its not my first one since I've rented a workout video on there before...but it was a while ago, but anyway.)  This one is called, Get Ripped and Chiseled with Jari Love.  I did it on Saturday and it was interesting.  Its very different from what I'm used to.  It didn't get my heartrate up at all.  In fact, I didn't even sweat, but it was still really tough.  I was SO SORE the next day!!

On Saturday evening, Jesse and I went to Walmart. Nothing exciting or interesting, just grocery shopping, but we did rent The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.   We watched it...all 2 hours and 45 minutes of it... on Saturday night.  I liked it, although it wasn't really what I expected somehow.   It was AMAZING to see how they could use computers to age the actors and actresses!!  It was especially neat to see how young they could make Brad Pitt look!   You have to see the movie just to witness how differerent he looks in every scene!

Sunday was Mother's day, of course.... we went to church in St. Albans, went to my Mom's house in Winfield (had Chinese food), went to my Grandma's house in Eleanor, went to Jesse's Dad's house in Ona, and then we finally came back home to Teays Valley where Jesse's mom came over. 

Monday I subbed at Winfield Middle School for a 6th grade Math teacher.   It was fun. I got to teach about radius, diameter, and the circumference of a circle. 

A funny thing happened yesterday....  When I pack a salad for lunch I always make it the night before.  Sometimes I put ham or turkey or bacon on the salad and it can make the salad a little slimy the next day.  It kinda grosses me out when this happens.  So I've been putting one of those little silica water absorption packets in there with my salad and it helps!   You know those little packets that come in everything and say "Do Not Eat" on them. 

Yesteday, I was almost done eating my salad, when I realized, "OMG, I didn't take the packet out!"   Needless to say, the packet was no where to be found.  I turned over every piece of spinach, lettuce and cucumber, but no...it wasn't there!  Is it possible to eat a big chunk of plastic and not realize it!?!?!

I was a little freaked out about this until I googled searched about eating a silica packet and found out that it was harmless. Its basically the same thing as eating a tiny bit of sand wrapped in plastic.  Still creepy.  Maybe I didn't swallow it after all, but I KNOW I put it in there.  


Today I'm subbing at Winfield Middle School again.  This time for a 6th grade English teacher.   Thats where I am right now... we just finished first basic..and now the second basic class in filing in the door.  Gotta go there daily "Caughta Ya" assignment on the Elmo.  :)

No comments: