BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, April 27, 2009

at school again...after a beautiful weekend

It's Monday...and I'm at Winfield High School, subbing for my dad. Today is the first day of turkey season, so...my dad is currently somewhere in a bush making sounds like a turkey. Wherever he is I bet he's hot because its almost 90 today.

This weekend went by in a flash. I honestly can't even remember it....and I was NOT under the influence of a mind-altering substance. ok... its coming back to me now.

On Saturday I woke up, made myself a pancake, and then at around noon, Jesse and I went to Brian and Jessica's house. They were tearing down a fence and then putting up a pool. We were there for like 8 hours. They have one of those really nice vinyl fences in their backyard. But to fit the pool in, they had to take down two panels. When they started pulling them out of the ground, a disgusting, putrid smell filled the air. Apparently, the rain water accumulates inside of there and just sits and stagnates and rots and molds and REEKS. It was nasty.

After that we put the pool up. It was really hot and felt good to stand inside the pool and it was filling up with water.

On Saturday night Jesse and I watched the movie Disturbia. It was pretty good. :) Jesse usually doesn't like to watch movies like that...(that are even slightly scary) but when I get him to watch them, he always likes them.

On Sunday, we went to church....nothing interesting happened there. Then we went to my mom and dad's for the first time in 3 weeks. Mom fried fish for lunch.

Sunday night Jesse went to watch a UFC fight at Jeremy and Bekah's house. I didn't go because it was a school night. I had plans to get ready for bed early and read. But... I wanted to play around with my new sewing machine a little. So, I sat down at around 9:30 and I was starting to get the hang of it. I made a little pouch out of an old t-shirt. Then, I looked up at the clock and it was 11:05! I still needed a shower and everything! I ended up not getting to bed until after midnight. I paid for it this morning, when I couldn't muster the strength to get out of the bed.

I'm about to finish my latest book, Jellicoe Road. It took me awhile to get into it, but its really good in the end. Its so strange, because its written by an Austrailian author and the spellings are crazy! They spell jail, gaol. Realize, is realise. Of course, color is colour. They also have different terminology. I figured out, through context clues, that "pashed" means to have made out with someone. haha. oh, and a singlet...is a bra. That one took me a while to figure out. I kept picturing a girl with a wrestling singlet...then I thought maybe it was a camisole. But...it was a bra.

I was hoping that Eclipse would be at the library for me today...since I'm about to finish this book. But, its not. Luckily though, another one that I requested is available today. So, I'm going to go get it. Its called The Graveyard Book. I think its some sort of parody of The Jungle Book.

Ok... gotta go monitor the Driver's Ed class.

No comments: